I don’t particularly like summer and February is normally the month I dread more than any other – it’s hot, humid, the back-to-work-after-the-holidays-blues have well and truly settled in and it always seems ages to the next public holiday.
This year it’s different. February has been fabulous so far! What am I grateful for this February?
- Cooler than usual February weather!
- A weekly late afternoon walk at Cronulla with some girlfriends, possible because of the milder weather and daylight saving
- My brother and sister-in-law visited from the UK to help celebrate mum’s 70th birthday
- My 3 kids were all together in the same room (which doesn’t happen very often) and even better – they seemed to be enjoying each other’s company
- We enjoyed fabulous meals at The Nuns’ Pool and SeaLevel as part of mum’s birthday celebrations
- I watched my parents’ obvious pleasure in me and my brother being in the same room (which also doesn’t happen very often and as a parent in that situation myself, I keenly appreciate how much it means to them)
- My brother and his wife are expecting a baby 🙂
- I have a supportive workplace that is enabling me to do as much challenging work as I feel able to, without pressuring me to do any more than that
- My cooking mojo is back!
- Despite that, wonderful girlfriends continue to deliver meals to my house – just in case 🙂
- I have a work-related project with some colleagues (who also happen to be good friends) that is exciting and interesting
- By sheer coincidence, my uni subject for this semester is once again very closely related to my work 🙂
- Our garden
is lovely to look at after all the rain and milder weather and very lovely to sit out in
The best part about all of this is that February is still only half over and there are more things planned to look forward to!